Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Working on the "Dirty Stuff"..

Well now that the snow is gone, there are things we have to do outside.

Friday Andrew and I cleaned out the garage. It's full of stuff still, but now it has rhyme and reason. Before "everything" was "everywhere. We couldn't even walk through it without leaning, ducking and tucking. Thank you Andrew for helping me.

Then Justin and I tackled the shop. That too was chaos. But now it is organized, clean, and ready to be packed up for the move. Thank you Justin for helping do EVERYTHING.

Saturday and Sunday Andrew and Justin brought out the "Big Guns" for the backyard. They dug more dirt in one day then I have ever seen from any 2 guys at any digging site. I don't know how many wheel barrel's full of dirt they moved. All of the kid's helped in the backyard, but Justin and Andrew kicked butt!

Then we took on the front yard. Everybody helped in the front flowerbed. We took out a couple of old tree stumps, dug up all of the overgrown grass, dug up all of the weeds, and planted a bunch of pansies. It looks really nice and the kids really liked being in charge of where all of the "72" flowers would go. Thank you kids.

Tuesday (today) I took on the two big pine trees in our front yard. I cut some dead branches, and cut some living branches that stuck out over the sidewalk too far, put that out on the road for curb-side pick up. Then I cleaned out the bottoms of the trees. I raked out 16 bags of pine needles and debris. These trees never looked so good. My bad. Then Andrew came home and helped me trim the bush under our front window and clean up all around it. It wasn't that bad, but it all sure looks nice now.

Now back to the backyard for some unfinished business there.

Hope it pays off soon. Looking for that offer.

Peace out.
Me

No comments: